Why the Redwood Forest slideshow?

Judy had always loved trees, and in 2008 we spent some time among the California Redwoods. Some of the ingredients in Judy's chemo cocktail were derived from trees (not Redwoods but Yews). We always knew that Judy loved the trees, and the trees got their chance to repay her affection.



Monday, November 17, 2008

We keep making progress

Even though I don't have a good photo to accompany this quick blog entry I wanted to let y'all know that things continue to improve. Judy had an uneventful first part-time week back at work, and today she is going to bump up the hours worked from four to six a day. We'll see how that will work. She really been good about not overdoing things, both at work and at home.

Yesterday Judy helped out at a small mountain bike race in Lubbock, where she helped with the scoring. When I talked to her on the phone (yes, you guessed right, I'm once again gone--this time in Colorado Springs at the Olympic Training Center) she told me that she had fun seeing several of our regular racers from the Amarillo area. Later in the day she went for another bike ride, just like last week, even bumping up the mileage a little. When I talked to her she was pleasantly tired.

The second round of chemo is scheduled for Tuesday of next week, two days before Thanksgiving. This will give us an idea of what to expect in the next few rounds: Will things remain similar, or will each round become markedly tougher? We will not decide about how we will spend Thanksgiving until after the chemo.

That's it for this short update. I will have a last breakfast in the OTC's cafeteria before heading to the airport.

Jürgen

Here's a quick edit in the form of the addition of two pics while sitting in the CO Springs airport, waiting for my flight home.

View of Pike's Peak from the OTC early in the morning.

Walking across the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy, you are amazing! We're still praying for you and we won't stop! Keep up the good work! Can we bring you dinner next Tuesday? That way you won't have to worry about doing anything after your chemo. Please e-mail me at carrie@bransons.org or call Adam at 787-6241. I'll make anything you want! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!
Glad to hear that you are out and about and still feeling well!
Seeing Jürgen at the OTC over the weekend took me by surprise-but it was great to see him. Hopefully one of these days, I'll get down your way to say hi to you in person! As always, you're in my prayers!
Hugs, Cindi :>