Why the Redwood Forest slideshow?

Judy had always loved trees, and in 2008 we spent some time among the California Redwoods. Some of the ingredients in Judy's chemo cocktail were derived from trees (not Redwoods but Yews). We always knew that Judy loved the trees, and the trees got their chance to repay her affection.



Wednesday, June 3, 2009

24 Hours in Palo Duro


I have been amiss at thinking all of my supporters on a regular basis, but now here it goes: Thanks for all of your support and love.

Last weekend, Team Jetstream (the Amarillo/Canyon High School team; all of them pictured above) pampered me and made sure that I had a perfect weekend. Oxymoronic as it may seem, during a weekend that was billed as a fundraiser for cancer awareness and research, was one of those magical respites from thinking of cancer. Even with low platelets and hemoglobin to boot, I was able to ride 31 miles on the trail, share great company, and enjoy the peace of the canyon that I have always loved. I felt like Outdoor Queen for a Day. My thanks go to all the members of Team Jetstream, young and old, for my super escape.

Now for an update as we plan for our little vacation in Cancun next week. I am skirting a transfusion, but the platelets are up to 55. Because of all my great support, love, and medical care I know we are beating this thing.

Love,

Judy

6 comments:

Joe P. said...

Hey Judy,

We really enjoyed the weekend with you and Emily @ 24. We look foreward to doing it again next year!!!

Joe P.

Unknown said...

It was great to get to know you a little better over the weekend. Stay strong!

Tricia

aka Kathy said...

Judy,

I'm glad to hear that the platelet count is going up.

Enjoy Cancun!

HUGS! - Kathy

Anonymous said...

Judy...

Glad you had a great weekend at Palo Duro...It's such a beautiful place. Have a great time in Cancun!!!

Luv ya... Judy and Doug

Cindi said...

Greetings from CT Judy!

Sounds like you had a great "24 Hours". 31 miles-that's awesome!!!

I'm here to officiate at a triathlon on Sunday. Today was spent stacking wood for my inlaws. I have 3 cords waiting for me when I get home too! Maybe I can start new career as "professional wood stacker":)

Have a great time in Cancun!!

Hugs!
Cindi

Cheryl Weber said...

Way to go, Judy! You know, 31 miles mountain is equal to 62 road miles!! That's more than I'm doing.

Yesterday, I picked up our pecans from the sheller, and I'd like to bring some by to you (iron, yeah!). I'm afraid you're in Cancun though? Tell me when you return and I'll drop them off.
Cheryl