Why the Redwood Forest slideshow?

Judy had always loved trees, and in 2008 we spent some time among the California Redwoods. Some of the ingredients in Judy's chemo cocktail were derived from trees (not Redwoods but Yews). We always knew that Judy loved the trees, and the trees got their chance to repay her affection.



Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chemo #4 postponed

Jürgen and I decided it was time for you to hear from me personally. I want to thank each of you for your support. I am constantly amazed and humbled at the cheering section I have.

I was scheduled for my 4th chemo this last Tuesday, but my platelets were low and we have to wait. If my labs are fine on Monday, I will have the treatment next Tuesday. In the meantime, I have been stocking up on iron. I am not the best meat eater, so I have been munching dried fruit, nuts, beans, and other iron-rich foods.

I continue to work and try to walk or ride some every day. I am very tired and get sick sometimes, but, generally, life is somewhat normal. I am looking forward to our annual trip to Albuquerque for Jürgen's birthday next weekend. We usually cross-country ski, but this year we will hike. When I asked Dr. Phillips about skiing (even cross-country) he jumped a little and said, "You scare me." I decided not to mention the mountain bike.

Again thanks for being there for me. I look forward to this all being over soon.

Judy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy!

Don't forget blackstrap molasses! (I don't eat meat much either so I know what you mean). My mother used to make us eat liver as kids-for iron-but that hasn't passed my lips in over 40yrs!

The dogs certainly liked those dinners-because they got the bulk of it slipped to them under the table.

Have a great trip to NM!!!

Hugs,
Cindi :>

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear from you and always great to see you! We are cheering for your successes and wish you a happy, healthy new year!

Love,
Stacy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Judy, you haven't heard from me or Mike, but I check the web page often to see how you are doing.
We are thinking of you and are excited about the progress you are making.
Marcia Briggs

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Albuquerque, I'm jealous!

Chad