Why the Redwood Forest slideshow?

Judy had always loved trees, and in 2008 we spent some time among the California Redwoods. Some of the ingredients in Judy's chemo cocktail were derived from trees (not Redwoods but Yews). We always knew that Judy loved the trees, and the trees got their chance to repay her affection.



Wednesday, October 1, 2008

After a rough night, a rough day

This is meant as just a short update: This afternoon, the NG tube (leading through the nose to the stomach and meant to siphon off gastric fluids) was reinserted. Judy continued to have problems with nausea, and her continued running a light fever indicates that there is somewhere an infection. She had a tough day with lots of prodding and poking and probing, meant to find out what is currently holding up her recovery.

Judy's sister-in-law Candace arrived from Midland this afternoon, and she gave me a big break this afternoon. She is also going to stay with Judy in the room tonight, so that I can get ready for my TTU job tomorrow morning.

It is about 9 p.m. right now, and Judy is happily sleeping. She's been given some morphine, and she is on antibiotics. Let's hope that her body recovers the needed strength through sleep as well as the liquid drip-nutrition that she has now been receiving for about 24 hours to make good progress overnight.

Jürgen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy,

it is early morning here in Germany and I guess and much hope that you are about to sleep long and deeply. I wish you to get lots of rest and that you will get the infection away soon.

Lots of hugs

Paddy, Clio and Maurício

The Rhoads said...

HI JuJu!

So glad that my mom forwarded me your blog. I look forward to your updates and I pray for your comfort and healing.
Love and miss you!
Erica

Brian Still said...

I'm sorry just now to post for the first time. I spoke to Juergen awhile back, and heard him dutifully teaching this morning. He's a role model, as are you--your spirit and strength are awesome!

Keep fighting--my prayers are fighting for you too.

Brian

The Adventurous Chicken said...

Judy - Just found out what was going on and wanted to say that we are sending good karma your way. Since we moved from Dallas and I stepped down from DORBA, we have gotten out of touch. Some of my favorites memories of the Bar H Bash are sitting around talking with you and Jurgen about traveling, cooking and whatever else came up.

Sandi Cooley

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy,
Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you, and miss your smiling face at work. Keep the faith and healing will happen.
Love, Lisa Portman

Anonymous said...

Hi sweety, we love you. Tricia, Sarah and Emily send you a big hug and kiss.
Jurgen, I'll come by tomorrow.
Thru God's love and mercy.

Don